MPT - Composer Exchange
The nine scores that were submitted were displayed during the MPT reading.
The reading took place on Sunday, July 17 @ 10-noon in Kleinpell Fine Arts Center on the campus of the University of Wisconsin-River Falls.
Read the creative prompt that posted on this website in the News.
Nine scores - Timeline
- Aiden Gorr Jello (marimba, xylophone, vibraphone)
- Anthony Petruconis Syncopation Imagination (snare drum, bass drum, tambourine)
- Rebecca Baker Drought (marimba, marimba, marimba)
- Ignacio Rosado Etude Abrasif (violin, castanets, marimba, bass drum)
- Karl Lexvold March of the Scarab (claves, bongos, marimba/triangle)
- Kevin Chen Triplets (toms (6)/bass drum/tam-tam/triangle; snare drum; temple blocks (3), claves, cymbal, almglocken, tambourine)
- Tim Guillaume Lead Me to the Light and I Will Follow (piano, tam-tam, vibraphone, tubular bells)
- William Feng Sleepy Mondays (glockenspiel/vibraphone, vibraphone, tom drum/suspended cymbal)
- Stephen Elsinger The Voyage (vibraphone; marimba; bongos+concert bass drum; piano)
You can follow along with the scores (projected on the screen) on the video that was made during the reading as well as listen to the conversation with the composers.
As the members of MPT practiced and prepared their parts, they postede questions for each of the composers. Composers answered in the COMMENT section of each blog post. Each one of you are invited to add your own COMMENTS.